Sunday, September 25, 2011

Frankfurt

After Venice I flew to Frankfurt to visit Vicky from Frankfurt, whom I met in Tofo Mozambique. She studies business, plays professional basketball and is easy going. Frankfurt is a big German financial city. It is a modern, buzzling city, that tries to find a middle ground between its past and future. The weather is even a bit more moody than Switzerland.
I arrived late at night and rang her doorbell at 4 o'clock in the morning after figuring out the public transport system. She had vacation from school, but worked part time in a small cafe. I got to know her friends and we went out together. Since I also love to play basketball - but at that point haven't played in years - we were eager to face off. Both desperately wanted to win. At a critical stage of the game I made a flagrant foul and later on deserved to loose. She is very fast and has a very decent jump shot.
We talked a lot and visited parks and so on. I even helped paint an apartment of a friend of hers, that was moving to a new location. That was the first time I did anything productive in several years.
At the last day of my stay, we went to a water park nearby and had a splash. The concept of a water park is something that should only be found, far away from the Sea.
After a about a week I flew on to Sarajevo to follow the sun. Thanks to Vicky and maybe see you in India soon.

No comments: