Saturday, September 17, 2011

Enns

In the city were Josef Fritzl raped his daughter throughout her youth locked up in the basement I was picked up by Christina. A girl I met in Mombasa a year before. She just finished her education and had vacation. So we had a lot of time to spend together. We often went out with her dog Evan. The weather during the week I was there was terrible at best and we weren't able to go out a lot. Her parents lived close by and I got the rather unexpected privilege to go to her moms place almost daily.
She was nice and was happy to host me. Her other daughter had a little baby. I usually never play with babies, but Mathilda was agreeable.
Next to watching TV and drinking beer we also made some day trips. Once we went to the city of Linz which looks like you would expect a city like Linz to look like. Old town, a modern district, the Donau and cleanliness. In the city center we visited a temporary art exhibition which was sophisticated.The Hoehenrausch 2.0 takes place on the roof tops of a whole street block. We also visited some friends of her, but because during my whole stay there was terribly loud music playing I didn't understand them. Austrian German can be thick as well.
On another occasion we went to Steyr, beautiful little university town with two merging rivers. There we met a friend of hers who we ate lunch with. He is my hero, because he quit his job just an hour ago, because of a loud dispute between him and the boss.
We also went to Christinas parents country house which was beautiful. It is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, but that is exactly the reason why it seems like in a pristine state. Just next to the house we saw some dears.
I had a really nice stay and thank you Christina.

No comments: